Friday, March 15, 2013

A DAY I HATE TO SEE COMING...DAY 14


In a nut shell...I can deal with just about anything that lifes throws at me but a day I am not looking forward too is the day I will lose my parents (and my children of course)...the older they get I beleive me and my sisters get more and more paranoid because their health especially my father is not the best at times...This is a picture of them at their 40th wedding anniversary party that me and my sisters gave them...They have been though a lot to keep their marriage and family together and I did not truly understand it until I became a wife and mother myself...it is very hard to stay in a relationship now a days for 2 years but 40!! (actually 43 years this picture is 3 years old)...and to raise six girls (and we all graduated from high school and five of us have our college degrees..never been in jail or on drugs) they raised us with a strong hand even when we did not understand it and hated them for it...they stuck together and stuck to their guns when it came to raising us...PRAISE GOD...A lot of people saw the worst in my parents when they were at their worst..but they showed them all and have been married longer then the ones that said they would not make it..I love my parents dearly and I am not looking forward to the day when I may lose them from this earth...

6 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

I totally feel you...I have nightmares about it actually. (Congrats mom and dad for sticking through it)

The God'ess said...

Bless their union.

As the Budda Flows said...

i agree parental unots and saying goodbye is not something to look forward too. (((hugs)

ABoyd378 said...

*nodding* I Understand...

Reggie said...

None of us wants to say that final goodbye to our parents. 43 years is quite impressive.

No Labels said...

Being together for that long is a blessing!