Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A CHRISTMAS DAY MEMORY..DAY 13




No matter what my world was like all year around..I did love the holidays...This was the time when everyone put their differences a side and tried to act like a decent family and enjoy each others company...It maybe hard to beleive from my previous posts but I LOVED my Christmas days during my childhood...We were poor...but my parents always found a way to make me and my sisters Christmas a wonderful day..We did not get as much as my cousins did..but it did not matter because on this day we got more than we had the whole year round...I remember this one Christmas day..I had to be about nine years old and I LOVED Wonder Woman...now mind you my mother was a bit prejudice..LOL...Well maybe a lot (I guess that is where I get my Angela Davis moments from) she never...I mean NEVER bought me and my sisters any white dolls..she had always told us we are not white and a white doll will never come in this house..not bought by me...So my dreams of playing with Wonder Woman and Cher (from Sonny and Cher) was about to be killed..because I am a kid I don't care about color at that age...I just wanted to have fun..The past two years I always put Wonder Woman on my list and for two years I got everything BUT Wonder Woman...This year I did not put her on the list..I put a Easy bake Oven and some other stuff (Can't remember)...My Daddy asked me why I did not put Wonder Woman down and I said because she is White and Mama won't let me have a white doll in this house...He started laughing and said put her down anyway..Santa Clause don't have a color he loves everyone no matter what color they are (My father always seem to act like a real Daddy at this time of year...almost like he was reliving his childhood though us)...So I wrote her down knowing damn well I was not going to get it AGAIN...The morning of Christmas like clock work at 6:00 a.m. me and my sisters ran downstairs..no brushing teeth..no washing faces...Who has time for those details...We ran downstairs..and we had so many gifts under the tree it looked like Toys R Us...Mind you my parents had six kids...LOL We all got five toys a piece..our usually new clothes and stockings full of candy and those big ass WALNUTS that nobody ever ate...I went to ripping and stepping on everything..I don't know what I was looking for but I kept looking...my sisters were busy eating candy out of their stockings....BUT I was on a mission...and then hiding under my bike which I did not notice at first..there it was a tall box wrapped really nice I might add...LOL..It had my name on it and it said To: Tracey From: Santa Ho Ho Ho...I was grinning like a Kool Aid Pitcher Commerical..I ripped it open and guess who it was....YEP!!!...
You guessed it...WONDER WOMAN **singing her theme music** And it had her weapon belt..her golden crown and  gold wrist bands for me to wear to match my doll as well...My Daddy came down stairs and was like "What a mess"...after he inspected everyone stuff he looked at me and said I guess Santa Clause broke down the color barrier in this house this year just for you...I was in another world...I wore that Wonder Woman outfit all day long and tried to sleep in it to....It took my years to realize my daddy got me that doll and convinced my mother to let me keep it...Even though we had some bad moments...it is memory's like this that makes me love that man even more...When my daddy was at his best he was the greatest
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE...LOL
ENJOY THIS SHORT CLIP FROM MY FAVORITE CHILDHOOD SHOW..

7 comments:

No Labels said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got your doll. Wonder Woman was one of my favorites, too!

Lamont C said...

Yeah, Uhmm, I liked Wonder Woman too! (But don't tell nobody!)

Divaprocessor said...

It will be our little secret...I won't tell a soul..**wink**..LOL

Thee_Kween said...

Aww boo boo...you got your doll! :)

As the Budda Flows said...

i love me some WW too.. im glad your dad made your day thats wassup

ABoyd378 said...

Wonder Woman!! :-D

Reggie said...

Christmas is awesome for most American children. I feel you when you talk about the family coming together and being nice to each other for the holidays. Just think of all the family members that were there when we were young, that aren't now.